Roasted Butternut Squash & Quinoa with Pomegranate
1 small butternut squash, cut into 2cm cubes
4 tbsp olive oil
180g (dry weight) quinoa
200ml chicken or vegetable stock
65g dried cranberries
20g flatleaf parsley, chopped
35g spring onions, finely sliced
50g pumpkin seeds
75g feta cheese
100g fresh pomegranate seeds
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the butternut squash on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the quinoa to the pan and toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring often and adding a splash of water if it starts to stick. Add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat down low, cover and cook for 15-20 mins, or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid.
5. Take the pan off the heat and allow the quinoa to rest for 5 mins, still covered. Fluff up and separate with a fork.
6. Empty the quinoa into a large serving bowl. Gently fold in butternut squash, cranberries, parsley, spring onions, pumpkin seeds, feta cheese, and pomegranate seeds.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.