Black Bean Chocolate Brownies
2 tins black beans
6 tbsp cacao powder 80g oats, ground
4 tbsp maple syrup 12 pitted dates
4 tbsp melted coconut oil 4 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 tbsps coconut milk 1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place the oats into the food processor and blitz to create a coarse flour.
3. Add everything else, except the milk, in the food processor and mix until smooth,scraping down the sides if necessary.
4. Add the milk and blend again to achieve a loose, but not runny mixture.
5. Line a Swiss roll tray with baking paper and spoon the mixture onto the tray.
6. Bake in the oven for 16-20 minutes until a skewer comes out cleanly.
7. Cool, then cut and serve.
8. Best eaten in the first few days, however can be kept in the fridge for 5-6 days or in the freezer in portions for up to 1 month.